Burning bright – how to enjoy every drop of fragrance from your Wax Lyrical candle
Your home fragrance should be as unique to you as your own scent. As soon as you open your front door the fragrance will set the mood; it will invite guests to discover more about you, it should reflect your personality and complement your décor too.
Once you’ve chosen the fragrance that’s perfect for you we want you to enjoy every single drop, so we’ve gathered tips from our team of experts in our on-site laboratory to make sure get the best possible performance from your candle.
- When lighting for the first time, burn the wick until wax melts across the entire surface, to the sides of the candle container. It may take two-four hours, but will prevent ‘tunnelling’, where the candle burns down around the wick causing a hole.
- To achieve maximum impact with the fragrance, let it burn in the desired space for at least 30 minutes before guests enter the room. Remember to never leave a burning candle unattended.
- If soot forms on the inside of the candle container, extinguish the candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim the wick and relight.
- Trim the wick back to 5mm before lighting each time to encourage an even burn.
- Always keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts. As well as the risk of blowing out the flame, draughts can decrease burn time, lead to uneven burning, smoking and lessen the impact of the fragrance.
- Store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. You don’t have to hide them away – unlit candles look great stored under a glass cloche, which will also protect them from dust.
- Stop using your candle when there’s only 1cm of wax left at the bottom of the container.
- Burn out of reach of children and pets. Keep well away from flammable items. Observe minimum distance between two burning candles.
- Only stand on non-flammable surfaces – use suitable containers or candleholders. Do not move the candle while the wax in the burning bowl is still liquid.
Curated by You
Share your latest Wax Lyrical experience #WaxLyrical